Thursday, November 01, 2007

Babies and Free Rice

Update - I am a bad, bad blogger. No updates for all this time! It's not that I don't have things to say, those of you who know me in the real world know that I'm full of opinions and have no qualms spouting them at unwilling listeners.

It's just, I get busy, and lazy.

So here's a baby update: I had my latest appointment on Monday, gained 3 more pounds, for a total of 14lbs. so far. Not too bad. Belly is measuring right on target and baby's heart sounds good. Baby happens to be laying across my tummy from left to right and when he or she kicks it now feels like the baby is pretty much in my back. I would very much like for baby to rotate and stop kicking me in the ribs, but I, for once, don't get to be the boss. A rare situation indeed. Also, I didn't quite fail my glucose test, but I didn't pass with flying colors either. Any score over 130 means you fail the test, and I got a 130 exactly. Soooo, I'm supposed to avoid simple sugars, no white bread, white rice, or fruit juice. I have a feeling I may have scored so high because of my new found love of grapefruit juice.

On to other news, my friend T-Funk sent me the link to the FreeRice website which I had never heard of but absolutely love! I'm now officially an addict. I'm a vocabulary learning machine, and my addiction happens to send rice to impoverished nations. It's better than my caffeine habit, that just sends money to a bunch of Starbucks CEOs. And they are so not starving. Go forth and improve your vocabulary and help alleviate hunger!

No comments: